As a MINING/GOVERNMENT employee, did you know that you can expense your FIFO expenses? That sounds like a pretty good deal to me! These benefits include:
- Travel costs dependent on where you live and travel to and from
- Housing benefits such as mortgage, rent, power, gas and electricity costs
- Novated leases which includes finance, insurance, service and maintenance including fuel, and registration
Through SPA, you can claim all the benefits above if you are a FIFO employee using salary packaging. This will save you money every pay cycle, and our easy to use claim system will make every work trip a breeze!
These requirements below will help you understand if you are eligible for these amazing and cost saving benefits. To be eligible, ALL of the following must apply:
- You work for a number of days and have a number of days off which are not the same days in consecutive weeks (that is, following one week after another without interruption), such as a standard five-day working week and weekend. This occurs on a regular and rotational basis
- You return to your normal residence during the days off
- Your work duties continue to be undertaken by other employees on a rotational basis while you are on your days off
- It is unreasonable for you to travel to and from work and your normal residence on a daily basis, given the locations of your work and home, and
- It is reasonable to expect that you will resume living at your normal residence when your normal work duties no longer require you to live away from home.